Saturday, February 21, 2009

February Climbing

The weather has been fantastic lately, which is odd for February, but it has allowed for some great climbing days this week. I managed to get outside 5 out of the last 6 days and did a lot of trad, and some really fun bouldering as well. I sent in Eldo, Boulder Canyon, and finished off with a beautiful day in Carter Lake. I forgot how much I love climbing, I've been spending too much time falling and not stopping to enjoy the way up. I managed to lead a nice 5.10 on trad this week, so hopefully I can work from that base up to my goal of 5.11+ trad this year, eventually climbing the diamond on Longs with my newfound climbing ambition. Here are a few photos:

At a belay station in Boulder Canyon
Leading the first pitch of the Bastille in Eldorado Canyon

Said crushing a cool bouldering route at Carter Lake

No comments: