Monday, March 19, 2007

Insomnia

I have been having trouble sleeping lately, it is probably either because I am sick, or because I am not happy with the state of affairs my life is in right now. Either way I decided to post about my recent adventures. Last friday, James and I went climbing in boulder canyon and did the classic 5.7 "The Owl" on "The Dome". I really love this route because it forces me to use many different techniques in one fun trad climb. There are a few sketchy slab moves, a hard hand crack, and a huge mantle on the second pitch. It was a really good time on a wonderful day. Unfortunately since then I haven't gotten out due to being sick.

Last night, or should I say Saturday night was St. Patricks day, and boy was it crazy. I must have written up 70 residents for alcohol abuse, and the night's event escalated to some drunk moron lighting a bonfire next to the pond. The fire department showed up and everything, but he managed to run away before we got there. That was fun.

On friday I will be leaving for Nevada to go to the Red Rock Rendezvous for a fun climbing time. James, Caitlin, Ashlee and I will be going over in the big red truck, and hanging out there for the weekend. I'm pretty stoked, Las Vegas has some killer limestone that will be really fun to pull down on.

Alright, time to try and sleep, peace out cruel world...

No comments: